This is a blog about microfinancing trend, practice and resources in China. I am currently volunteering for Wokai, a financing institute for MFI orgnaizations in China. This is a journal of my work.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Small Loan Can Be Psychologically Uplifting for Poor Women in Rural China

Read this article on China Crossroads, a corporate social responsiblity site, about how a small loan changed a Chinese woman's life and her outlook on life as well:

Mrs. Shu is one of thousands of Chinese women that have been empowered –
both economically and personally – through microfinance.

(She says) “Several years before, I relied on part-time jobs…. Everything I did was controlled by other people"

(A small loan from a local MFI helps her to believe now)"if you want to make more money, you have to develop your own self.”

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is a blog about microfinancing trend, practice and resources in China. I am currently volunteering for Wokai, a financing institute for MFI orgnaizations in China. This is a journal of my work.