This is a blog about microfinancing trend, practice and resources in China. I am currently volunteering for Wokai, a financing institute for MFI orgnaizations in China. This is a journal of my work.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wokai Is the Great Wall against Loan Sharks

In this very informative article, a student researcher JONATHAN HWANG compiled an ecosystem of funding source, so to speak, for the rural poor.

The table in the middle of the article is particularly interesting - it appears that private financing from donnors and MFIs like Wokai is the last defense against unscrupulous loan sharks.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is a blog about microfinancing trend, practice and resources in China. I am currently volunteering for Wokai, a financing institute for MFI orgnaizations in China. This is a journal of my work.